DURHAM, Calif. - Students and teachers from Ponderosa Elementary School in Paradise are celebrating their principal for his courageous acts during the Camp Fire.'
Principal Ed Gregorio helped evacuate all the kids as the Camp Fire was closing in.
He followed their school bus through the flames burning on both sides of the bus.
Students told Action News Now his calm presence helped everyone stay calm amidst the chaos, despite the fact that the principal lost his own home.
Teachers describe Gregorio as a "rock star." Since the Camp Fire he has worked hard to make sure teachers and students have everything they need.
Ponderosa Elementary suffered a lot of fire and smoke damage and is currently holding classes at Durham Elementary School.
- Principal honored for heroism and courage during Camp Fire
- Paradise principal moving on after Camp Fire
- Law Enforcement Honored Following Camp Fire
- Teachers and Nurses Honored Following Camp Fire
- PV Principal updates cyberbullying case
- Butte County Honors 86 Killed in Camp Fire
- Man Puts up Crosses to Honor Victims of Camp Fire
- Community Interfaith Memorial honors victims of Camp Fire
- First responders, medical personnel honored for efforts during Camp Fire
- Crosses honoring Camp Fire victims collected by Gold Nugget Museum