Photo Gallery 1 Images
6:00 p.m. UPDATE: A fallen transformer was the cause of a major power outage in Glenn County Monday morning, impacting more than 6,500 customers.
The electricity went out a little after 6:00 Monday morning.
More than 3,200 in Willows were impacted, and another 2,500 in Orland. Also, more than 500 Stonyford residents and 325 Elk Creek customers lost power.
PG&E says the transformer came down at County Rd. M and County Rd. 24. This impacted several substations, which is why so many communities experienced outages.
All customers had their power restored before 12:30 Monday afternoon.
PG&E is still trying to figure out why the transformer came down.
UPDATED: Almost all customers near Orland have had their power restored.
UPDATED: PG&E crews are working to repair a downed power line that knocked out service for almost 3,200 customers early Monday morning. 262 customers were still without power at 11:30 a.m. Officials expect power to be fully restored soon. There is no word yet on what caused the power line to come down.
A major power outage has left thousands in the dark in Glenn County
According to PG&E, 3,180 customers are without power in Willows, starting at 6:10 a.m. Monday. West of Willows, in Elk Creek, 913 customers are without power. To the north in Orland, 1,258 customers are without power, starting at 6:42 a.m.
The cause of the outages is unclear at this time, but a PG&E crew is on the way to the scene.
Stay with Action News Now for the latest on this developing situation.
- UPDATED: PG&E customers' power has been restored near Orland
- PG&E works to restore power to customers
- PG&E: Power restoration has begun
- Power restored to PG&E customers after fire safety shutoffs
- PG&E begins inspections in power restoration process
- Power Restored to Most South Chico Customers
- Power restored to PG&E customers following downed power lines on Walnut Street
- PG&E Restores Gas Service to Nearly All Paradise Customers
- PG&E restores power to most customers in Shasta and Tehama County
- PG&E power safety shut-offs: Service restored to all customers affected