CHICO, Calif. - A US postal worker is recovering after crashing his mail truck while on duty in Chico Thursday afternoon.
Chico police said they believe the man had a medical emergency while driving on Walnut Court.
Police conducted a high-risk stop, meaning they ordered him out at gunpoint. However, they put the guns away once they confirmed it was a medical emergency.
Action News Now is working to learn more about the man's condition.
- Postal worker recovering from crash
- Postal Workers Hustling Before the Holiday
- Postal Service holiday hours
- Due to the brutal weather, postal workers aren't delivering mail in 10 states
- US Postal Service Unveils Scratch-and-Sniff Stamps
- Shasta County Postal Offices Temporarily Closed by Carr Fire
- Burned Carr Fire Kitty Recovers
- Rancho Tehama Elementary families aim to recover
- San Francisco police recover Olympic skater's costumes
- Red Bluff Recovering After Stoll Fire