CHICO, Calif. - The Chico City Attorney is negotiating a possible settlement in a deadly police shooting.
Nineteen-year-old Breanne Sharpe was killed in 2013 after a chase with officers.
Now her mother is fighting for justice, she says excessive force was used.
Investigators say more than one officer fired at Sharpe’s car when she reportedly drove toward them.
They say she was high on meth at the time.
A jury trial is scheduled for next April.
- Possible Settlement for 2013 Shooting Death of Breanne Sharpe
- Local Preston Sharp asked to Visit the White House
- Preston Sharp, Volunteers Help Clean Up Whiskeytown Cemetery
- 2013 Chico Officer-Involved Shooting Case Moves Forward in Appeals Court
- Gymnast McKayla Maroney says settlement covered up sex abuse
- BP pays $102 million settlement for California over-charges
- Fla. shooting suspect could face death sentence
- Preston Sharp returns home after being recognized at State of the Union Address
- Judge Approves Tentative 1.4M Settlement in Placer Co. Inmate Abuse Case
- Butte County and PG&E Reach Settlement Over Cause of Honey Fire