DURHAM, Calif. - Ponderosa Elementary thanked Durham Elementary on Tuesday for taking the school under its wing during the Camp Fire.
On Tuesday, students and faculty of Ponderosa Elementary unveiled a thank-you bench, which was gifted to the school in Durham.
Both the school have a tiger mascot, so the students came up with the idea to create two twin tiger benches.
One will stay in Durham and the other will be brought to Paradise.
"It makes me feel good because now we have a new bench, we can put it anywhere and we thank Ponderosa for making these," said Lyla Troncoso, a Durham Elementary School student.
The Rainforest Art Project helped coordinate the activity. The Paradise students designed and created the benches by putting together the mosaics, which are made of stained glass and cement.
- Ponderosa Elementary gifts Durham school with thank-you bench
- Ponderosa Elementary teacher reflects on Camp Fire after receiving massive donation for school
- Ponderosa Elementary Posts Hundreds of Photos of Animals Displaced by Camp Fire
- Man who started Ponderosa Fire sentenced to 14 years
- Recovery workshop held for Ponderosa and Wall fire victims
- Owner of Ponderosa Inn in Redding Arrested for Sexual Assault
- Chapman Elementary School Garden
- Vehicle rollover leaves 1 injured near Durham
- Benefit for Durham teen battling cancer