UPDATE 8:19 a.m. Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - The Chico Police Department has identified the suspect as Pawandeep Sekhon, 34, of Patterson.
Sekhon was on Parole through California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation for Burglary. He was arrested for a violation of his parole, vehicle theft, vandalism, and several attempted burglary charges.
UPDATE 4:16 p.m. Tuesday, July 9, 2019 - The Chico Police Department has released new information regarding the arrest of a hit-and-run suspect near Hooker Oak Park on Tuesday.
Authorities say they are investigating the incident as a one-man crime spree that started with a burglary on Tuesday morning and escalated into a manhunt.
Just before 8 a.m., the suspect broke into a business on East 1st and Sheridan Avenues, police said. An employee forced him out of the store, but then he stole a truck in the front, they said.
Investigators said he then tried to break into a home on Cleanothis Avenue and was involved in a hit-and-run crash on Eaton Road.
He was arrested after police found him hiding in Hooker Oak Park Tuesday afternoon.
CHICO, Calif. - Chico police arrested a hit-and-run suspect after a foot pursuit near Hooker Oak Park on Tuesday.
According to authorities, the pursuit started around 10 a.m. and the suspect they were searching for was involved in a hit-and-run with a stolen vehicle.
Officers set up a search perimeter in Hooker Oak Park. They also called in a K-9 from the Butte County Sheriff's Office to assist with the search.
We are working to learn more information about the incident. Stay tuned for updates.
- Police identify hit-and-run, stolen vehicle suspect detained in Hooker Oak Park
- UPDATE: Suspicious Death in Oak Run Identified
- UPDATE: Suspect's Vehicle Found, Oroville Hit-and-Run
- Police Arrest Suspect in Multiple Stolen Vehicle Cases
- Anderson Police Officer Recovers Stolen Vehicle
- Woman driving stolen vehicle hits motorcyclist near Feather Falls Casino
- Gridley Police Searching for Suspect in Fatal Hit and Run
- Chico Police Arrest Hit and Run, DUI Suspect
- Thousands of Dollars in Gear Stolen From Oak Bottom Marina
- Driver identified, suspected of crashing stolen Prius into logging truck