CHICO, Calif. - Early Saturday morning officers from the Chico Police Department spotted a vehicle that had been reported as being stolen a few days prior. They were unable to get the driver to stop the vehicle so they called for reinforcements and began their pursuit. it was approximately 4:30 in the morning.
Officers followed the vehicle and its driver from the 300 block of Nord Avenue to where the vehicle ran out of gas and became stuck in a yard, which was near the intersection of E. 9th Street and Cypress Avenue.
The driver fled on foot and was chased to a home on Cypress Avenue. The suspect went into the home and tried to hide in a loft area.
Police took 24-year-old Anthony Beck into custody without incident. They said the man was an acquaintance with the owner of the home that he had tried to hide in.
Beck was arrested for possession of a stolen vehicle and for willfully evading a peace officer in a vehicle. It appeared to be a repeat offense. Officers said Beck had been arrested "on prior occasions" for possessing a stolen vehicle and for evading police.
- Police pursuit in Chico ended in arrest
- Oroville Police arrest man after foot pursuit
- Foot pursuit ends in arrest in Eel River Valley
- California pursuit ends in stand off
- High speed pursuit ends in Happy Valley
- Chico Car Chase Leads to Foot Pursuit
- Chico Police Arrest Shooting Suspects
- Vehicle pursuit ends in single-vehicle rollover near Durham
- Chico Police Arrest Wanted Felon after Standoff
- Chico Police Arrest Armed Teen Stealing Gifts