UPDATE - The Chico Police Department responded to a call about a large fight that left one man with a stab wound Friday evening in the downtown area.
According to officials, this happened about 8:30 p.m. Friday near Sixth and Ivy streets, where officers canvassed the area and discovered evidence that the victim was involved in the fight.
As a result, several people were detained at a nearby house, the investigation is ongoing and CPD is asking the public for help in this case.
At the time of the incident, the man was critically injured but was later classified as stable, according to CPD.
Police are investigating a stabbing near 6th and Ivy streets in Chico.
A man was sent to the hospital with stab wounds but police say he is in stable condition.
We have a crew at the scene that's working to get more information.
We'll bring you the latest as soon as we learn more.
ROAD CLOSURES: 5th, 6th and Ivy Streets will be back open shortly.
- Police investigating stabbing near downtown Chico
- Chico police investigate stabbing
- Chico police investigating stabbing on Nord Avenue
- Chico police investigate 3 stabbings in 10 hours
- Man recovering from stabbing attack in downtown Chico
- Pluto's Downtown Chico Closing
- Chico Downtown Parking Pains
- Downtown Chico celebrates Pride
- Chico Police searching for stabbing witnesses
- Chico Police: Man Arrested for Stabbing Neighbor