UPDATE 2:47 p.m. Tuesday, July 20, 2019 - Authorities have confirmed that the remains found in the canal are from a human.
Investigators are now working to identify the body. There is no word yet on how long the remains have been in the canal.
Stay tuned for updates.
REDDING, Calif. - Authorities are investigating reports of possible human remains found in a canal under the Cypress Avenue Bridge.
Police said a passerby reported seeing bone fragments in the water early Tuesday morning.
Divers are at the scene recovering what they are calling body parts from the canal. However, authorities have not confirmed whether the body parts are human.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned for updates.
- Police investigating human remains found in Redding canal
- Butte County Sheriff is investigating human remains found in Bangor
- Authorities investigating more human remains found near Cypress Avenue Bridge
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Office investigating discovery of human skeletal remains
- Redding Police: Burglar Found Sleeping Behind Business
- Redding Death Investigation Underway
- Red Bluff Police Investigate Possible Murder-Suicide
- Redding Police investigating man killed by train
- Redding Police investigate drug homes, three arrested
- Red Bluff Police investigating single-vehicle collision