REDDING, Calif. - Redding police arrested two men they say burglarized a home while one homeowner slept and another took their child to school.
At around 8 a.m. on Thursday morning, the department received a call from Maria Rocha, 25, reporting a possible burglary at her home on the 2300 block of Wilson Avenue.
Rocha said was dropping her child off at school when the alleged burglary happened and did not lock the door because her husband was asleep at home.
Rocha came back to her home and saw a suspicious vehicle across the street with a masked man inside. She also noticed her front door was open and items in her home were missing.
One of the items missing was an Apple Watch, which she was able to track, showing her that the suspects may be moving northbound toward Dana Drive. She told officers that the suspects may be heading to Walmart, according to the watch's GPS.
Rocha and officers arrived at the Walmart and she recognized the suspect vehicle, along with two men walking away from the vehicle.
Mike Keyva, 43, of Redding, and Marlin Pierson, 40, of Redding, were detained. Officers were able to catch the suspects in enough lies that they admitted to robbing Rocha's home.
Leyva and Pierson were booked into Shasta County Jail for conspiracy to commit burglary and burglary.
- Police arrest 2 in Redding home burglary
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- Marysville Police Arrest Burglary Suspect
- Two Arrested in Redding Elementary School Burglary
- K-9 Helps Arrest Redding Burglary Suspect
- Redding Police Arrest Suspect in Law Office Burglary
- UPDATE: Redding Police Identified Burglary Suspect
- Redding Police Search for Burglary Suspect
- Police Arrest 2 Burglary Suspects at Home in Chico
- Redding Police arrest "Habitual Thief"