REDDING, Calif.—On Wednesday evening around 8 p.m. Redding Police Department officers responded to a major-injury traffic collision involving a pedestrian and a pick-up truck.
According to witness statements and evidence at the scene, Divyesh Patel, age 39 of Redding was making a left-hand turn on northbound Bechelli Lane at Hartnell Avenue.
Patel had a green arrow when she made a left-hand turn from a turn pocket on northbound Bechelli.
As Patel was making the turn an unidentified woman in her sixties began to walk towards the south side of Hartnell Avenue outside of the marked crosswalk.
Patel was unable to stop and collided with the female pedestrian.
The pedestrian suffered major injuries and was transported to Mercy Medical Center where she remains in critical condition.
It is unknown if she was under the influence of drugs and or alcohol.
Patel was evaluated at the scene for drugs and alcohol and determined to not be under the influence.
The collision is under investigation and any information concerning the collision or the identity of the pedestrian you are urged to call the Redding Police Department Traffic Unit at 225-4200.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Police Looking for Answers After Collision Leaves Pedestrian in Critical Condition
- Victim Identified in Fatal Vehicle Versus Pedestrian Collision
- One Person Dead Following Vehicle-Pedestrian Collision in Linda
- Fatal Pedestrian Versus Vehicle Collision on Larkin Road
- Shasta Lake Shooting Leaves One Critically Injured
- Fatal Collision Leaves One Dead in Yuba City
- UPDATED: Motorcycle Crash Victim Still in Critical Condition
- Car-to-car shooting leaves California woman critical
- Highway 273 pedestrian killed identified
- Chico Police Investigating after Pedestrian Hit by Car