RED BLUFF, Calif. - The Red Bluff Police Department is investigating a possible murder-suicide at an apartment complex in Red Bluff on August 28.
At around 5:11 p.m. on August 28, Red Bluff police responded to a welfare check at 1750 Scottsdale Way in Red Bluff.
The person who called the police said that the occupants of the residence had not been seen for a while and that they also had a possibly history of domestic violence at the residence.
When officers arrived, they found the apartment locked from the inside and no response at the door.
From the window, an officer observed a female lying on the couch of the living room and she appeared unresponsive.
Officers then forced entry into the apartment by kicking the front door open, and upon entering the apartment they also discovered an unresponsive male inside.
The 25-year-old woman and 30-year-old man were pronounced dead at the scene. Officers determined later that they were husband and wife.
Police also discovered a two-year-old child alive in a crib upstairs. After examination by medical personnel, the child did not seem to be harmed or in distress.
This investigation is still on-going, but evidence strongly suggests this was a case of murder-suicide, according to the release.
The couple's child has been placed in the care of family members.
Stay with KHSL Channel 12 and actionnewsnow.com for the latest updates as they become available.
- Red Bluff Police Investigate Possible Murder-Suicide
- Authorities Investigating Murder-Suicide in Red Bluff
- Police Investigate Possible Murder-Suicide in Red Bluff
- Red Bluff Police investigating single-vehicle collision
- Red Bluff Drug Bust
- Police find Red Bluff man wanted for attempted murder
- Police Are Investigating Death of Red Bluff Woman
- Red Bluff Police locate two runaway juveniles
- Red Bluff Police locate missing woman
- Missing juvenile in Red Bluff