BERRY CREEK, Calif. - The Butte County Sheriff's Office Special Enforcement Unit served two search warrants this week and seized over 25 pounds of marijuana in related to an ongoing investigation since the beginning of August.
The first search was served in the 100 block of Squirrel Lane in Berry Creek. In early August, police eradicated 686 plants from the location that were a part of an illegal commercial operation. When they returned with the search warrant, a total of 94 growing marijuana plants were eradicated from the property.
Christopher John Spatz, 57, of Berry Creek, was cited for misdemeanor cultivation of marijuana and possession of marijuana for sale.
Later that day, detectives served another search warrant for the 100 block of Gamble Road in Berry Creek. This search warrant was also related to the original case.
A search of the property revealed an indoor marijuana growing room, butane honey oil lab and 25.62 pounds of marijuana.
Dustin Daniel McDonough, 28, of Berry Creek, was arrested for felony violation, manufacturing a controlled substance and armed in the commission of a felony.
The investigation is ongoing. Stay tuned for updates.
- Police Conduct Two Searches, Seize Over 25 Pounds of Pot in Berry Creek
- California authorities seize pot from licensed company
- Yuba County authorities seize 2,400 pot plants
- Oroville CHP arrests man, seizes 6 pounds of pot in suspected DUI stop
- Water Truck Fire Burns Driver in Berry Creek Area
- Grande Fire - Progress Stopped on Berry Creek Vegetation Fire
- 1 dead after fight, 10-foot fall in Berry Creek
- Berry Creek Fire Safe Council concerned over wildfire evacuation route
- Police Conduct Targeted Enforcement Effort
- Over 3,000 pounds of marijuana seized in Humboldt County