According to the Plumas County Sheriff’s Office they received a report of checks cashed at a Quincy business that had been stolen from a local resident’s mailbox.
Plumas County Deputy Sheriff investigated the complaint.
Through the investigation the deputy found the suspect had passed five checks at several businesses with a total of $499.60.
One of the businesses that passed one of the checks wrote down a license plate on the back of the check.
This information as well as security footage from a separate business assisted the deputy in identifying the suspect Laurrissa Ballow.
The deputy contacted Ballow and she eventually admitted to passing the checks.
Ballow was taken into custody and booked into the Plumas County Jail on charges of forgery and petty theft with priors.
- Plumas County woman arrested for allegedly using stolen checks
- Plumas County man still missing
- Plumas County: 10 Arrested for Alleged Snowmobile Theft
- Plumas County Man arrested for arson and homicide
- 3 arrested on drug related charges in Plumas County
- Dead body identified in Plumas County
- Small Plane Crash in Plumas County
- Deadly bat disease detected in Plumas County
- TCSO: Red Bluff woman attempts to cash stolen check
- FOUND: Plumas County Sheriff's Office searching for missing 'at-risk' woman