According to the Plumas County Sheriff’s office, they received a report of a deceased subject on the north side of Highway 70 between Vinton and Chilcoot.
Law enforcement, medical, and fire personnel were dispatched to the scene.
The Plumas County Sheriff’s Investigations Unit were called and processed the body and the scene for evidence.
After processing the scene the cause of death could not be determined, but through the investigation it was determined the subject had recently been dumped along the highway.
An autopsy will be performed to determine the cause and manner of death.
The deceased subject has been identified but the name is being withheld until the next of kin is notified.
The Plumas County Sheriff’s office is requesting anyone who observed suspicious activity on Saturday November 11th at approximately 4 p.m. along Highway 70 between Chilcoot and Vinton to please contact the Plumas County Sheriff’s Office Dispatch 283-6300, or the Sheriff’s Investigations Unit at 283-6363.
- Plumas County Sheriff is investigating a body found on Highway 70
- Dead body identified in Plumas County
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies Investigating Body Found on Stagecoach Road
- Lassen County Sheriff's Office investigating body found in Big Valley
- Plumas County man still missing
- Plumas County Sheriff's Office warns of phone scam
- Plumas County Sheriff's Office bust suspected butane honey oil lab
- Sheriff's office investigating bodies found in Oroville as murder-suicide
- Body found in Plumas Co. ID’d as Missing Chester Woman
- Marysville residents react to Highway 70 plans