BLAIRSDEN, Calif. - The Plumas County Sheriff's Office arrested a man for arson and homicide on Thursday.
Officials say a man in his 80's was rescued from a house fire on Mohawk Vista Drive on March 14.
The man's wife died in the fire and he told investigators Nicholas Phillips was responsible.
Phillips was a temporary employee who was hired to work at the home.
Deputies arrested him not far from the scene.
- Plumas County Man arrested for arson and homicide
- Plumas County man still missing
- Siskiyou County man arrested on arson charges
- Humboldt County man arrested on homicide charges
- Plumas County woman arrested for allegedly using stolen checks
- Plumas County: 10 Arrested for Alleged Snowmobile Theft
- Dead body identified in Plumas County
- Small Plane Crash in Plumas County
- Deadly bat disease detected in Plumas County
- Arson Suspects Arrested in Placer County