We're staying sunny and warm across Northern California today, but temperatures are not expected to be as warm as the last few days. Fire danger remains elevated, and will become critical late tonight through early Friday as gusty North winds pick up and humidity plummets. A Red Flag Warning will go into effect for the valley, portions of the Sierra, and areas closer to the coast from 10pm tonight through 7am Friday morning. Temperatures have become much cooler this morning. Valley areas have dipped into the mid 40's to low 50's, and mountain areas are starting out in the teens to 20's early today. A jacket is highly recommended on your way out the door, but like yesterday, you won't be needing that umbrella. Winds will be up to 20mph out of the North this afternoon, and humidity is projected to dip into the 5 to 15 percent range later today. High temperatures will still be well above average for this time of year, but will not be as warm as the last few days. Valley areas will mostly end up in the mid 70's this afternoon, and mountain areas are projected to climb into the mid 50's to low 60's.
North to East winds will pick up again tonight, and could gust up to 50mph in portions of the Sierra. Sustained winds are expected to reach 25mph, and valley and coastal areas will likely have gusts up to 40mph. Humidity is expected to stay low overnight tonight, and Thursday night, and that will keep fire danger high even during the overnight hours. Temperatures are not expected to change much over the next several days. High temperatures will continue to top out in the mid to high 70's in the valley for your afternoons, and mountain areas will mostly range from the mid 50's to mid 60's over the next several days. Winds will diminish early Friday and that will help to relieve fire danger. Low humidity will still be a concern for fire danger this weekend, so you're asked to stay cautious. Looks like we'll be in the mid to high 70's in the valley, with sunny skies for your Veterans Day on Monday.
- Pleasant Today, Red Flag Warning Returns Tonight
- Red Flag Warning Tonight Through Sunday
- Red Flag Warning Ahead!
- Mountain showers tonight & A Red Flag Warning ahead for Saturday
- The threat of thunderstorms prompts a Red Flag Warning tonight
- Red Flag Warning Continues Today Across Northern California
- Red Flag Warnings increases So Cal fire threat again today
- 2 Red Flag Warnings in place for Northern California today
- Critical fire weather prompts Red Flag Warning today
- A Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger continues today