CHICO, Calif. - A 19-year-old athlete from Pleasant Valley High School was drafted by the Houston Astros on Tuesday.
Colin Barber, 18, of Chico, was the 136 pick in the 2019 Major League Baseball Draft.
Barber is a part of the Top 200 Prospects List.
The league announced the picks via Twitter on Tuesday.
With the 136th pick of the 2019 #MLBDraft, the @Astros select Pleasant Valley HS (CA) OF Colin Barber, No. 172 on @MLBPipeline's Top 200 Prospects list: https://t.co/OHooNdL3XW pic.twitter.com/zuCqixN08T
— MLB Draft (@MLBDraft) June 4, 2019
- Pleasant Valley High School athlete drafted by Houston Astros
- Pleasant Valley High School Put on Temporary Lockdown
- Two Pleasant Valley High seniors win $1,000 scholarship
- Pleasant Valley High girls, boys compete for basketball state title
- Houston Astros pitcher gives World Series tickets to fans who were taunted at Yankee Stadium
- Man with Knife Vandalizes and Steals Vehicle at Pleasant Valley High School: Chico PD
- School officials alert Pleasant Valley High parents of social media threat
- DUI Suspect arrested for causing chain-reaction crash by Pleasant Valley High School
- Pleasant Valley Boys Basketball Team Captures State Title