Photo Gallery 1 Images
PLACER COUNTY, Calif. - Placer County Sheriff's Office is using an elder abuse arrest to exemplify "see something, say something".
Earlier in 2019, a family hired Michelle Lopez, 49, as a caretaker for their 100-year-old disabled family member. Lopez began stealing money from the man's accounts, including one he shared with his 76-year-old daughter.
Authorities said Lopez stole over $100,000 from the accounts.
An employee at the man's bank noticed the activity and reported it, that's when the Sheriff's Office began to investigate.
Lopez was arrested on Sept. 24 and charged with financial elder abuse and an enhancement for theft exceeding $100,000.
Her bail is set at $500,00.
- Placer County caretaker arrested for financial elder abuse
- Shasta County Elder Abuse Prevention Month Events
- Arson Suspects Arrested in Placer County
- Placer County Sheriffs Arrest Sex Offender
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute discusses elder abuse
- Honey Run Covered Bridge Association seeking caretaker
- Shasta County man arrested for elder abuse, assault with deadly weapon
- Placer County Sheriff’s Deputies Arrest Suspected Paradise Car Thief
- Placer County car chase ends in crash, arrest
- Sting operation leads to arrest of suspected Placer County pedophile