GARBERVILLE, Calif. -The Humboldt County Sheriff's Office and the Humboldt District Attorney's Office plan to oppose the state-proposed placement of a sexually violent predator in Garberville.
The California Department of State Hospitals is proposing to place Joshua Cooley at a home on the 2800 block of Alderpoint Road in Garberville. Cooley was convicted in 2004 of lewd and lascivious acts with a child under 14-years-old.
The sheriff's office and district attorney are encouraging the public to attend the public hearing at the Humboldt County Superior Court on Friday, April 12, 2019, at 8:30 a.m.
Several Garberville residents have been sending letters to the district attorney about their opposition.
The Humboldt County Superior Court has asked that all letters go only to the district attorney's office located at 825 5th St, Eureka. Letters can also be emailed to email@example.com.
- Garberville community speaks out against state placement of sexual predator
- Wanted Texas man located in Garberville
- Legislation to Stop Child Predators from Working in Schools
- 'Violent Predator' Faces Three Murder Charges After Attacks on Homeless
- Missing Disney film which predates Mickey Mouse resurfaces in Japan
- State investigating Community Action Agency
- Chico State University Speaks on "Consent"
- Attempted Kidnapping Victim Speaks
- 3.3 earthquake rattles North State communities
- North state doctor loses license over alleged sexual misconduct