LOS ANGELES (AP) - Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio are set to star in Quentin Tarantino's "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood."
Sony Pictures says Wednesday that the film has been dated for a theatrical release on Aug. 9, 2019.
Set in 1969 Los Angeles, the project has become widely known as Tarantino's Charles Manson film.
Neither DiCaprio nor Pitt will be playing Manson however. Tarantino says they will play a pair of struggling actors. DiCaprio will appear as former Western TV series star and Pitt as his stunt double. Their characters live next door to Sharon Tate.
A longtime resident of Los Angeles, Tarantino has been working on the script for five years. It will mark his ninth feature.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press.)
- Pitt, DiCaprio set to star in Tarantino's Manson film
- Uma Thurman levels accusations against Weinstein, Tarantino
- Actor Leonardo DiCaprio Supports Carr Fire Relief Efforts
- Gov. Brown blocks parole for Manson follower
- Star Wars fans react to the newest film release
- 'Game of Thrones' creators developing new 'Star Wars' films
- Charles Manson dead at the age of 83
- Burt Reynolds, Star of Film, TV and Tabloids, Dead at 82
- Charles Manson corpse not expected to be on ice much longer
- Texas auction set for country star Merle Haggard's tour bus