BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Here are photos from CAL FIRE Butte Unit showing Sunday's Camp Fire Search & Rescue operation.
At the request of the Butte County Sheriff Department, multiple California Urban Search & Rescue (US&R) Task Forces and US&R Human Remains Detection Canine Search Teams are being deployed from across California to assist law enforcement with the search for, and recovery of, victims missing in Paradise and other towns devastated by the deadly Camp Fire disaster. Among the specialized resources responding to aid in the search are four California Regional US&R Task Forces, each consisting of 29 members from local government fire departments, three local/state/national US&R Task Forces (each consisting of 35 members from California fire departments) and ten Urban Search & Rescue Human Remains Detection Canine Teams.
During the deployment, California US&R resources will use their specialized human and canine skills to assist in the search for missing victims in nearly 13,000 residential, commercial and public buildings that burned in the fast-moving fire.
Since 1992, California-based State/National US&R Task Forces have been deployed to a long list of other state, national, and even international disasters including 2017’s Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria, 1992 Hurricane Iniki (Hawaii), the 1994 Northridge Earthquake, 1995 Oklahoma City Bombing, Hurricane Katrina, the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the 2011 Japan earthquake and tsunami catastrophe, last year’s earthquake disaster near Mexico City, and the 2015 Nepal Earthquake.
- Photos of Sunday Search & Rescue Operations for the Camp Fire
- Contractors Fired After Camp Fire Photos Spark Outrage
- Camp Fire Evacuees Search for Affordable Housing
- Search & Rescue Prepared For Summer
- Bulldozer Operator Surrounded by Flames While Fighting the Camp Fire
- Operation Warmth brings resources to Camp Fire survivors
- Bear cub orphaned in Camp Fire rescued in Yankee Hill
- Butte Search & Rescue Launches Capital Campaign
- California National Guard Searches for Camp Fire Victims
- Samaritan's Purse Volunteers Search Through Homes Burned in Camp Fire