APEX, North Carolina - A woman got a call from a phone scammer where he claimed she was going to be arrested but he did not know she was a cop herself.
He claimed Captain Ann Stephens was going to be arrested if she did not give him her social security number or bank account information.
Stephens sat through the phone call and provided no information other than an address... To the police department.
She wants this call to remind people to never give out the information or even verify if they do have it.
- Phone scammer calls North Carolina police captain
- Scammer Targets Chico Renters
- North Carolina restaurant now serving 'Tarantula Burger'
- Hurricane Florence makes landfall in North Carolina
- Craigslist scammers go after real estate
- Community to Honor Fallen Chico Fire Captain
- Chico Community Honors Fallen Fire Captain
- Action News Now Movie Review: Captain Marvel
- Captain Fire burning in Trinity County
- Wildfire victims beware of scams and fraudulent phone calls