UPDATE 3:23 p.m. Aug. 14, Wednesday - Philadelphia police said 6 officers were shot, taken to hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Authorities say several Philadelphia police officers have been injured in an "active and ongoing" shooting situation in the city.
Sgt. Eric Gripp tweeted there was at least one suspect firing at police officers Wednesday afternoon.
A police spokesman confirmed the shooting in the Nicetown section of the city but offered no other information.
Video shows a massive police presence in a neighborhood with dozens of police cars and officers, many of them with their guns drawn.
One officer appeared injured and was taken away in a police car. Video also showed two other officers carrying a man and putting them in the back of a police car.
It's unknown if any police officers have been shot.
- Philadelphia police said 6 officers have been shot
- An 8-hour standoff ended with 6 Philadelphia officers shot. An attorney told the suspect to surrender
- Massachusetts Police Officer Shot and Killed with Own Gun: Police
- Philadelphia gunman in custody after hourslong standoff
- Volkswagen and Philadelphia cream cheese ads banned over gender stereotypes
- Manhunt for Utah man that shot police
- Man shot by police is burglary suspect
- Chico police confirm one man shot
- TCSO: 1 Dead, Deputy Shot During Officer-Involved Shooting
- Redding welcomes 4 new Police Officers.