REDDING, Calif. - Three people are in custody after a pharmacy robbery happened in Redding Wednesday night.
Redding police arrested 40-year-old Vince Davis Qualls, of Sacramento, and two juveniles.
Police said one of the suspects forced his way into the Walgreens pharmacy on East Cypress Ave. around 10:40 p.m. Wednesday. The suspect demanded money and prescription medications before getting into a car and driving off.
Additional officers arrived at the scene and located the car after it exited southbound Interstate 5 at South Bonnyview Road and began traveling west.
Police said the car eventually slowed down, and two passengers attempted to exit the car before police caught them. The car was stopped at the 4700 block of Bechelli Lane. The two juveniles and Qualls were arrested.
Qualls was booked into the Shasta County Jail for robbery, child endangerment, among other charges others. The two juveniles were booked into Shasta County Juvenile Hall.
Redding police added that It’s unknown if these individuals are responsible for similar pharmacy robberies in the area. This is a going investigation.
- Pharmacy robbery leads to 3 arrests
- Police searching for suspect in Orland pharmacy robbery
- Chico Savemart Robbery Arrest
- Subway Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Traffic stop leads to arrest in attempted cell phone robbery
- ICYMI: Police Say Rite Aid Pharmacy Robberies in Chico and Redding Are Related
- Walgreens pharmacy robbed of prescription drugs
- Rite Aid Pharmacy Robbed in Chico
- Rite Aid Pharmacy robbed in Gridley
- K-Mart Robbery Suspect Arrested