Updated 7:40 p.m. Sunday, Apr. 14, 2019 - A representative of the computer replacements effort asks that people interested in the program email them to be placed on a list. They do not want people to call the first Assembly of God Church to be put on the list. The email address is email@example.com.
CHICO, Calif. - It has been more than five months since thousands of people lost everything in the Camp Fire. Most people lost their computers, so a group of very tech savvy high schoolers from Petaluma are providing relief.
For their senior community project tech students from Casa Grade High School handed out 20 computers to Camp Fire survivors Saturday in Chico at the First Assembly of God church on Arbutus.
The computers were donated by the Golden Gate Computer Society in San Anselmo, California.
They were refurbished computers with brand new keyboards. They also provided mousepads and monitors.
The students said they will be coming back to Chico to give out more computers to survivors in the future. They said to call the First Assembly of God Church at (530) 345-1377 to be put on a waiting list.
The church has been providing lots of relief of many different kinds to fire survivors.
- Petaluma high school students give away computers to Camp Fire survivors
- Chico Man Building New Computers for Camp Fire Survivors
- Butte College gives free laptops to student Camp Fire survivors
- Congregation Beth Israel Gives To Hundreds of Camp Fire Survivors
- Church Gives Away Free Men's Suits for Camp Fire Survivors
- Llama Camp Fire Survivor Gives Birth to 'Phoenix Hope'
- Zappos Helps Chico State Student, Camp Fire Survivor
- Paradise High School Survives Camp Fire
- Erin Brockovich Meets with Camp Fire Survivors
- Donated Shoes For Camp Fire Survivor