SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Some people are making fun of the state's official Christmas tree.
The tree was hand-picked from Shasta County, but some people are saying the 60-plus-foot-tall white fir is not very attractive.
A tree expert examined the tree and said it is "a perfect specimen."
To people visiting the captiol, however, the tree looked sparse.
"For what they paid for it, I think they got robbed," said one passerby.
The cost of the tree are from state employee time and fuel to transport it to the capitol.
- People calling state's Christmas tree 'ugly'
- Christmas Tree Disposal
- Christmas tree removal in the north state
- It's National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day
- Tracking California's 2019 Christmas tree
- Shasta County Christmas Tree Lit Up at State Capitol
- Local business offering free Christmas tree disposal
- Where to dispose of your Christmas tree
- Massive Tree Crushes House Killing Two People
- North State Christmas Dinner Traditions