Butte Co., Calif.-- Five zones in Magalia are open now to residents and open to everyone after noon today.
Those areas are the Stirling, North Coutolenc, Lovelock, North Fir-Haven and Nimshew Zones.
Residents will need to show identification or proof of residency to access these areas.
You can access the areas via Skyway from Butte Meadows, not through or into the town of Paradise.
If you're headed to the Stirling Zone, P-Line road at Reston Road will remain closed.
For the Coutolenc Zone, Cedar Pines Trail at Coutolenc Road will remain closed.
Keep in mind, the areas being lifted may have very limited services.
Before you return home, residents are encouraged to take steps to ensure they have food, water, and fuel for their vehicles.
Please do not use generators to power buildings or structures - this could potentially back feed into electrical lines.
Fire and utilities personnel are still actively working in the area so please drive slowly and carefully and expect delays.
As for the areas still under evacuation, the Butte County Sheriff's Office is still making sure it's safe, based on potential fire behavior, weather and other life safety hazards.
- More People Return to Magalia Today
- Magalia Homecoming: People Begin to Return Home
- Why Magalia Residents Cannot Return Home
- Magalia Residents Continue to Return Home
- Magalia Man Arrested in Shooting
- Wet & cooler weather returns today
- Wet & windy conditions return today
- Wet & windy weather returns today
- CAL FIRE ‘Fill the Boot’ in Magalia