Penguins at The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (RZSS) Edinburgh Zoo took part in 'Penguin Awarness Day' on Saturday, playing with soapy bubbles made by a new bubble-making machine.
The penguins received the bubble machine as a Christmas gift via an Amazon wishlist set up for their animals, said Edinburgh Zoo.
Over 130 birds spent the day chasing and popping bubbles, while some of them looked on, apparently bemused.
RZSS Edinburgh Zoo houses the largest outdoor penguin pool in Europe, the zoo website states.
They help with penguin conservation around the globe, currently working on Project Pinnamin, a collabroative piece of research into the northern rockhopper.
- Penguins in Scotland took part in 'Penguin Awareness Day'
- Penguins Share Love for Valentine's Day
- New York zoo kicks off 'Penguin Bowl'
- Love on the rocks: Penguins celebrating Valentine's Day
- Same-sex penguin couple cares for foster egg
- Cheap Booze Ban in Scotland
- The world's second-largest emperor penguin colony has nearly disappeared
- A gay penguin couple adopted an egg in a Berlin zoo
- With the aquarium closed to humans, penguins take opportunity to explore and visit other animals
- Dog rescued in Scotland caught on camera