Penguins at The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (RZSS) Edinburgh Zoo took part in 'Penguin Awarness Day' on Saturday, playing with soapy bubbles made by a new bubble-making machine.
The penguins received the bubble machine as a Christmas gift via an Amazon wishlist set up for their animals, said Edinburgh Zoo.
Over 130 birds spent the day chasing and popping bubbles, while some of them looked on, apparently bemused.
RZSS Edinburgh Zoo houses the largest outdoor penguin pool in Europe, the zoo website states.
They help with penguin conservation around the globe, currently working on Project Pinnamin, a collabroative piece of research into the northern rockhopper.
- Penguins in Scotland took part in 'Penguin Awareness Day'
- New York zoo kicks off 'Penguin Bowl'
- Love on the rocks: Penguins celebrating Valentine's Day
- Same-sex penguin couple cares for foster egg
- The world's second-largest emperor penguin colony has nearly disappeared
- Cheap Booze Ban in Scotland
- Dog rescued in Scotland caught on camera
- International Overdose Awareness Day: Resources and Help
- Music Showcase and Free Training Part of Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Foster awareness festival in Chico