CHICO, Calif. - The Peg Taylor Center celebrated its 33rd anniversary of providing services for its participants Wednesday.
The anniversary celebration precedes the center’s annual Poppy Walk and 5K Run, which will take place in Bidwell Park April 6.
Sherriff Honea will start the race.
To date, the Poppy Walk has raised over $195,000 in support of the center. All proceeds will go toward caring for adults with health concerns.
The center serves over 60 adults with health conditions. Since opening in 1986, the center has provided over 1.7 million hours of care.
The center’s daytime health and wellness program benefits its participants through social connection, rehabilitation, care coordination and ongoing support.
To register for the Poppy Walk, visit PoppyWalk.org, stop by Fleet Fleet in downtown Chico or call the center at (530) 342-2345.
- Peg Taylor Center celebrates anniversary and 5k
- CARD Celebrates 70th Anniversary With Party
- Veteran's Day 5K Hoorah
- VIDEO: Redding is Celebrating 50 Year Anniversary of MLK Jr. Center
- 90th Anniversary Celebration planned for Oroville State Theatre
- Apollo 11 Anniversary
- Chico Icon Moriss Taylor dies
- Salvation Army Chico hosts 5K race
- Yuba City road closures for 5K
- Fourth of July Pancakes Breakfast & 5K