YUBA COUNTY, Calif. - A pedestrian was killed Thursday morning after being struck by a vehicle on a road in Yuba County.
According to Yuba-Sutter Area California Highway Patrol, a driver was traveling south on Lowe Avenue around 7:35 a.m. on Thursday when she stopped for a stop sign at Hammonton Smartsville Road near Linda.
A pedestrian was walking on Hammonton Smartsville Road approaching Lowe Avenue.
The driver of the vehicle did not see the pedestrian and struck them when she started to make a left turn to go east on Hammonton Smarsville Road.
The pedestrian, who has not been positively identified, was transported to Rideout Emergency Room with major injuries. She was pronounced dead upon arrival at the emergency room.
The driver of the vehicle had four passengers in the vehicle at the time of the collision. The driver and all passengers were wearing seatbelts and were not injured, according to authorities.
Stay with Action News Now for the latest updates as they become available.
- Pedestrian killed in Yuba County collision
- Yuba County Election Results
- Fatal Collision Leaves One Dead in Yuba City
- Tornado touchdown in Yuba County
- Bicyclist Killed in Yuba City Crash
- Highway 273 pedestrian killed identified
- Victim Identified in Fatal Vehicle Versus Pedestrian Collision
- One Person Dead Following Vehicle-Pedestrian Collision in Linda
- Fatal Pedestrian Versus Vehicle Collision on Larkin Road
- Yuba county declares state of emergency