UPDATE 11:30 a.m. Thursday, January 2, 2020 - The Shasta County Sheriff's Office said one man is dead after being struck by a train after responding to a call at around 8:30 a.m. in the city of Shasta Lake, Thursday.
Police said they determined that the man was caught walking on the train tracks.
The train was a Union Pacific Freight and had about 15 cars attached. It was traveling northbound near a residential area.
The speed limit on the railroad tracks is 50 miles-per-hour. However, police said they do not believe the train was going at that speed at the time of the collision.
No employees of Union Pacific were injured as a result of the collision. All railroad activity resumed around 11:05 a.m., according to the sheriff's office.
Authorities said they will not be releasing any further details, as they take time to investigate. Anyone with information is asked to contact SHACOM at 530-245-6540.
SHASTA LAKE, Calif. - One man was struck and killed by a train in the city of Shasta Lake.
Shasta Lake Sheriff's Deputies are on scene, they said he was killed Thursday morning.
Authorities said this happened at the train tracks in the area of Boca Street and Black Canyon Road.
Action News Now has a reporter on the scene. We will update with developments as they become available.
- Man struck and killed by train in Shasta Lake
- Man Struck by Boat Propeller While at Shasta Lake
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- Pedestrian struck and killed by train south of downtown Chico
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake
- Authorities identify man struck and killed by a train in Redding
- Redding man killed by train
- Pedestrian Struck and Killed on I-5
- UPDATED: Mount Shasta man found deceased on Medicine Lake Road
- Man Found Dead in Shasta Lake ID’d: SCSO