UPDATE 11:35 a.m. Monday, August 27, 2018 - The pedestrian that died as a result of the collision was identified as Linda Sue Reed, 63, of Anderson.
The incident occured on August 22 at around 10 p.m.
REDDING, Calif. - The California Highway Patrol says a pedestrian was killed on Highway 273 in Redding. It happened around 10 p.m. Wednesday, just north of Happy Valley Road.
Authorities say a 27-year-old woman was driving her Honda Sedan in the area when she hit a woman in her 50s who was crossing the southbound lanes.
The woman struck later died at the scene.
The deceased woman’s name has not been released, the case is under investigation.
The female driver was not arrested.
- Victim Identified in Fatal Vehicle Versus Pedestrian Collision
- Victims Identified in Motorcycle Versus Vehicle Collision
- Fatal Pedestrian Versus Vehicle Collision on Larkin Road
- Man in Critical Condition Following Vehicle Versus Wheelchair Collision
- Vehicle Versus Pedestrian Hit and Run at Orland School
- Fatal Crash Victim Identified
- Victim Identified in Amtrak Vs. Vehicle Collision in Dorris
- One Person Dead Following Vehicle-Pedestrian Collision in Linda
- Cal Fire Responding to Train Versus Big-Rig Collision
- Fatal Crash Victim in Glenn County Identified