UPDATE 4:44 p.m. Thursday, August 23, 2018 - Police have identified the man struck and killed by the train on August 17 as Frank Walter Kretner, 52, of Redding
REDDING, Calif. -- Police are investigating the death of a pedestrian, struck by a train in Downtown Redding Friday night.
It happened just after 7:30 p.m.
The stopped train blocked streets and halted traffic.
The victim is a man, but authorities are still trying to figure out an identity. It is not known what the man was doing on the tracks.
The Shasta County Coroner was called to the scene.
Action News Now reporter Spencer Joseph is on scene, working to get more information.
- Identity Released of Pedestrian Killed by Train in Redding
- Identity Released of Man Killed by Amtrak Train in Chico
- Announcing the Redding Identity Project
- Investigators release identities from I-5 fatal accident in Redding
- Redding man killed by train
- Investigators release identity of man killed in crash near Oroville
- Pedestrian struck and killed by train south of downtown Chico
- Redding Police investigating man killed by train
- Highway 273 pedestrian killed identified
- Pedestrian hit and kill on I-5 in Redding