YUBA-SUTTER COUNTIES, Calif. - A pedestrian was hit and killed on northbound Highway 99 Wednesday north of Eager Road in the Yuba-Sutter area.
According to the California Highway Patrol, a 23-year-old man was walking on or near the highway at an unknown time in dark clothing.
Authorities do not know whether the man was walking along the shoulder or on the road.
At some time during the morning hours, he was struck and killed by a vehicle and possibly other vehicles.
Officers were dispatched to the location around 7:28 a.m. on Wednesday.
Authorities have not positively identified the man, but they know he is from Jacksonville, FL.
The collision remains under investigation at this time. Anyone with information is asked to call the Yuba-Sutter California Highway Patrol at (530) 674-5141.
- Pedestrian Hit and Killed on Highway 99
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Identifies Pedestrian Killed on Highway 99
- Highway 273 pedestrian killed identified
- Highway 99 increased collisions
- Pedestrian killed by car on Highway 273
- Highway 99 Reopens After Flooding
- Highway 99 shutdown due to suicidal man
- Victim Identified in Highway 99 Crash
- Car Catches Fire on Highway 99
- Victim Identified in Deadly Highway 99 Crash