Butte County, Calif.—The public is invited to attend the Peace Officers Memorial ceremony Tuesday.
The ceremony is taking place from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Neighborhood Church in Chico.
The ceremony honors active officers, and remembers those who made the ultimate sacrifice in 2017.
Donna Shary of Butte County Law Enforcement Support Team said, “We're gonna be having honor guard from Chico Police Department, Butte County Sheriff's Office and the California Highway Patrol, and pay tribute through poems, and the roll call of heros. That's where we have a short bio about the 9 officers who lost their lives last year"
National Peace Officer Memorial Day was established by President John F. Kennedy in 1962 as part of National Police Week.
The day is dedicated to paying special recognition to those law enforcement officers who have lost their lives for the safety and protection of others.
- Peace Officers Memorial Ceremony in Chico
- Yuba City Peace Officer Memorial Ceremony
- California Peace Officers' Memorial
- Butte County Peace Officer Memorial
- Peace officers will be honored in Chico ceremony
- Butte County officers gather for peace officer memorial
- Chico Police Holding Ceremony for Fallen Officers
- Veteran speaks about Memorial Day at Chico Cemetery ceremony
- 9/11 Chico Memorial Service
- New Mural in Chico Promotes Peace