BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Parts of Highway 70 will be closed for roadwork beginning Tuesday.
The roadwork is planned for slope reinforcement in the Feather River Canyon to prevent rock and mudslides following the Camp Fire.
The work will cause closures between Deadwood Road in the Jarbo Gap Area and the Cresta Area.
The Highway will be closed between 9 a.m. and noon, and then will close again from 1 - 4 p.m. until Friday.
- Parts of Highway 70 closed for roadwork
- CALTRANS Valley roadwork schedule
- Trailer catches fire on Highway 70, forcing lanes to close
- Highways 99 and 70 closed at junction north of Sacramento
- Marysville residents react to Highway 70 plans
- UPDATE: Funding Approved for Highway 70 Construction
- Highway 70 Intermittent Closures Through October
- CHP: Fatal Accident Off Highway 70
- Motorcyclist Killed in Highway 70 Collision
- More safety improvements to Highway 70