Photo Gallery 3 Images
The countdown is on to the 2018 Chico Pioneer Day Parade. It takes place on Saturday, May 5th in Downtown Chico and will start an hour earlier this year ... at 10 a.m.
The theme is "Celebrating the Chico Promise" - A Journey of Learning Preschool-Masters. The parade honor local education leaders Kelly Staley, superintendent of the Chico Unified School District, Dr. Gayle Hutchingson, President of CSU, Chico and Dr. Samia Yaqub, President of Butte Community College.
Organizers are encouraging people to sign-up early, because the earlier your application is received the closer you are to the beginning of the parade.
There will be a Barbeque at 11:30 a.m. in the Downtown City Plaza after the parade, with musical performances by Chico students on the main stage. There will also be community exhibits on 4th and 5th streets between Main and Broadway, featuring arts and crafts vendors.
In addition to parade entries, sponsors, volunteers and donations are critical to making the event a success. You can find out more by contacting Connie Wright at (530) 521-2334 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit www.chicopioneeerdayparade.com.
- Participation encouraged for 101st Pioneer Day Parade
- History of Chico celebrated in 101st ‘Pioneer Days Parade’
- Chico Pioneer Day Parade is May 4th
- More Than 100 Entries in Chico's Pioneer Day Parade Saturday
- Pioneer Days Parade takes place in downtown Chico for 102 years
- Veterans Day Parade in Corning
- Community participates in 'Make a Difference Day'
- Durham's May Day Parade draws a crowd
- Shasta County Participates in Walk to School Day
- North State communities participate in National Drug Take-Back Day