Photo Gallery 3 Images
The countdown is on to the 2018 Chico Pioneer Day Parade. It takes place on Saturday, May 5th in Downtown Chico and will start an hour earlier this year ... at 10 a.m.
The theme is "Celebrating the Chico Promise" - A Journey of Learning Preschool-Masters. The parade honor local education leaders Kelly Staley, superintendent of the Chico Unified School District, Dr. Gayle Hutchingson, President of CSU, Chico and Dr. Samia Yaqub, President of Butte Community College.
Organizers are encouraging people to sign-up early, because the earlier your application is received the closer you are to the beginning of the parade.
There will be a Barbeque at 11:30 a.m. in the Downtown City Plaza after the parade, with musical performances by Chico students on the main stage. There will also be community exhibits on 4th and 5th streets between Main and Broadway, featuring arts and crafts vendors.
In addition to parade entries, sponsors, volunteers and donations are critical to making the event a success. You can find out more by contacting Connie Wright at (530) 521-2334 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit www.chicopioneeerdayparade.com.
- Participation encouraged for 101st Pioneer Day Parade
- History of Chico celebrated in 101st ‘Pioneer Days Parade’
- More Than 100 Entries in Chico's Pioneer Day Parade Saturday
- Shasta County Participates in Walk to School Day
- Pioneer Christmas Party in Red Bluff
- 'National School Walkout' planned, Chico students participating
- Thousands line South LA streets for MLK Day parade
- Chico State Encouraging More Support for Senate Bill 968
- Durham Dolphin supporters participate in New Year plunge
- Many Butte County students participate in National Walkout