CHICO, Calif. -- Operation of a well-known nature center in Chico is moving one step closer to changing hands.
The Chico Area Recreation and Park District, also known as CARD, is being considered for a new lease agreement for the Chico Creek Nature Center.
Last year in October, the nature center announced it planned to dissolve. Since then, the city started work to transfer the center's operations to CARD.
On Monday, the Bidwell Park and Playground Commission heard the city manager's recommendations for the city council and voted in favor.
The park commission recommended the city council discharge the nature center of any loans owed upon entering the new lease with CARD.
The park commission also recommended the city council write off the $169,000 loan the city made to the nature center several years ago.
- Park panel talks about Chico Creek Nature Center lease
- Chico Businesses Attend Cannabis Panel
- Wildflower & Nature Festival returns to Riverbend Park
- State Parks cleans up Big Chico Creek along Bidwell Mansion
- Chico State hosts panel to discuss homelessness
- Chico Downtown Parking Pains
- Churn Creek Health Center Renovation Complete
- Chico Politicians Talk Marijuana Policy
- Trampoline Park opens in Chico
- UPDATE: Gridley City Council Approves FEMA Lease Agreement