Los Angeles County authorities say two parents have been arrested on suspicion of trying to sell their own kids for drugs.
Sheriff's officials say deputies responded last week to a home in Lancaster following reports of possible child abuse.
According to the Associated Press, investigators at the scene determined 38-year-old Vincente Calogero and 32-year-old Sarah Nilson had attempted to exchange their two sons for money or drugs.
Calogero and Nilson could face charges including felony child endangerment, child neglect, and being under the Influence of a controlled substance. It wasn't immediately known if they have attorneys.
The boys are in custody of the Department of Children and Family Services personnel. Officials didn't say how old the kids are.
- Parents arrested for trying to sell children for drugs
- Humboldt County Drug Task Force arrest two for using home to sell drugs
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- 6 arrested in Hayfork for drug possession and intent to sell
- Redding Gun And Drug Arrest
- Redding Parents of Five Children both Diagnosed with Cancer
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment Facility Close to School Upsets Parents
- Mother arrested for attempting to sell babies on Instagram
- Calif. Nurse Arrested For Selling Opioids On Darknet
- Chico traffic stop leads to drug arrest