ROCKLIN, Calif. - One parent, who sat court side at a youth basketball game, has been asked not to return to the tournament facility after being accused of unsportsmanlike conduct.
Caught in the act, the woman stuck out her leg to trip a player from the competing team at a Mother's Day tournament during a game between Cornerstone Basketball Academy from Vallejo and the Folsom Elite Basketball Academy.
Eugene Solano, the director of the Vallejo team, said the unsportsmanlike conduct from a parent was brought to his attention during the game by his own players.
"One of the kids during the timeout had said, hey coach, there's a parent on the sideline, there's a woman wearing a pink hat, and shes telling their kids to elbow us in the face," Solano said.
In footage that coaches and parents recorded for highlights to show their kids, the court side woman was shown sticking out her foot in front of a 9-year-old player who dribbled the ball past her.
In a joint statement from from the directors of the Folsom Elite Basketball Academy, they say they are aware of the video and have addressed the situation with the parent involved.
The general manager said they have asked the woman not to return and both organizations are great teams that hold their members accountable.
- Parent trips player, gets banned from tournament facility
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment Facility Close to School Upsets Parents
- Stolen puppy takes a "Trip" back to foster parent after social media post
- Yuba City facilities holiday closure schedule
- Work Began on New Calfire Administration Facility
- Chico Facilities Regulate Use of 3D Printers
- Shasta County Creates New Mental Health Facility
- Mental Health Facility Approved in Redding
- Lifetouch Production Facility to Close in Chico
- Chico Mayor defends pot ban