A very special Paradise woman marked a major milestone among all of her friends at Sunday church.
Virginia Nantais is celebrating her 100th birthday, and on Sunday, the congregation hosted a luncheon in her honor at the Paradise Ridge Southern Baptist Church.
Nantais has been a member there ever since she moved to paradise 32 years ago.
She grew up in Illinois but moved to Southern California in the early 1960s.
She and her husband stopped in Paradise while on a cross-country road trip in an RV, and when they visited, they decided that Paradise was where they wanted to retire.
Saturday afternoon, she shared with us her secret to a long and happy life.
"All I know is I never smoked, never drank, never did any of that and I always tried to exercise and take care of myself, and I guess that's why I’m still living,” Nantais said.
Nantais outlived her two siblings, she said she credits her Christian faith as another reason for a long and healthy life.
- Paradise woman turns 100
- Paradise Woman Turns 100 Years Old, Celebrates with Family in Corning
- Camp Fire survivor turns 100
- Los Molinos man turns 100 years old
- Domestic issue turns into wild chase in Paradise
- UPDATE: at risk Paradise woman found
- Disabled Paradise Woman Missing Since Wednesday
- Honoring a Paradise veteran
- Paradise Breakfast with Santa
- Paradise Elderly Man Found