BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Mayor Jody Jones of the town of Paradise provided an update on debris removal and upcoming community meetings and events after the Camp Fire.
Jones said the attendance numbers were very good for the Rebuilding Fair held last weekend.
She also invited people to come back to Paradise for a community event on July 4 featuring the Air Force Band of the Golden West. The event starts at 3 p.m. and ends at 6 p.m at Paradise Community Park at 5582 Black Olive Dr.
Mayor Jones also reminded people that the Party in the Park takes place each Wednesday. She said the attendance numbers each week are similar to attendance prior to the Camp Fire.
Watch to video to hear the mayor provide more details about rebuilding and recovery efforts.
Wed, July 3, 2019 - 5:30pm - Party in the Park
Location: Paradise Community Park Thurs.
Thurs. July 4, 2019 - 3–6 p.m. - July 4 in the Park with USAF Band
Location: Paradise Community Park
Tues. July 9, 2019 - 6 p.m. - Paradise Town Council Meeting
Location: 5555 Skyway
Tues. July 23, 2019 - 6 p.m. - Paradise Town Council Meeting – Budget
Location: 5555 Skyway
6,234 properties cleared of debris (646 since last week)
1,952 properties certified clean by County (290 certified in the last week)
80 building permits issued
103 applications in plan check
183 applications received total
• Currently, 151 crews are working on debris removal. Each crew makes between 10 and 20 trips per day hauling debris. That equates to between 1,500 and 3,000 trips made in and out of Paradise by debris removal trucks for the state program every day.
• COMMUNITY REMINDER: The lighting of fireworks is illegal in Paradise. You can safely enjoy fireworks at the Silver Dollar Fairgrounds in Chico and at Lake Oroville on the 4th of July.
• Reminder: Any business operating in Paradise is required to obtain a business license. CLICK HERE to get your business license online
• Interested in downloading a copy of The Long-Term Recovery Plan? JUST CLICK HERE
On June 25th, the Town Council voted unanimously to adopt the Long-Term Community Recovery Plan.
The Town of Paradise owes a debt of gratitude to the Butte Strong Fund and Barry Long for helping them to create a vision for the future.
• The Home Builders Resource Expo Exhibitor was a huge success with an amazing turnout from the public. There were 90+ vendors including informational booths from the Town of Paradise Building Department, Butte County, Cal OES, Paradise Irrigation District, building materials and techniques, manufactured homes, modular homes, stick built homes, and concrete, and financing. There were also classes and educational sessions available on subjects like how to choose a contractor, avoiding scams, financing help.
- Paradise rebuilding and recovery: Update from Mayor Jody Jones
- Paradise rebuilding and recovery: An update from Paradise Mayor Jody Jones
- Paradise Mayor Jody Jones to travel to Washington
- Mayor of Paradise talks about Rebuilding and Recovery Planning
- Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: Paradise hired new Disaster Recovery Manager
- Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: An update from the Paradise vice mayor
- Paradise rebuilding and recovery: An update from the Paradise Vice Mayor
- Paradise rebuilding and recovery: Update from Town Councilman Steve Crowder
- Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: An update from Councilwoman Melissa Schuster
- Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: Update from Town Councilman Steve Crowder