PARADISE, Calif. -- Paradise moved another step closer Thursday night towards creating the future of the town.
"We lost our house, but we didn't lose our home. I'm sorry, it's a place we loved," said Don Cooper, a Camp Fire survivor.
After of months of listening sessions, more than 1,000 people's opinions on what they want to be the future of Paradise is finally coming together.
Camp Fire survivor, Don Cooper, lost his home in the Camp Fire, but he says it's important to rebuild.
"Very important, we love the neighborhood. We have great neighbors, a lot of them are going to be rebuilding," said Cooper.
The Paradise Community Recovery Plan is all based on input from Camp Fire survivors.
"At first it was overwhelming. There was just so much because you were emotionally in shock," said Maureen Culleton, a Camp Fire survivor.
More than 1,000 voices were organized topically, outlining plans to make Paradise safer, stronger, welcoming, better and greener.
"The sewer system, I think, is a great idea. Underground utilities is a wonderful idea," said Cooper.
"I like the town council, the community and the fire department and the police department all in one area by the park," said Culleton.
And as piece by piece of metal gets picked up and the town continues to regrow, Paradise will rise again.
"We're this far into the planning process for rebuilding our town? That's a lot in five months," said Paradise Mayor Jody Jones.
On May 22nd, the council will hear a final draft of this plan and people can give their input on it. The meeting will be at the Paradise Alliance Church at 6 p.m.
- Paradise presents Community Recovery Plan
- Mayor of Paradise talks about Rebuilding and Recovery Planning
- Paradise Irrigation District releases Water System Recovery Plan
- Town of Paradise hears final draft of the Community Recovery Plan
- Disaster Recovery Center Opens in Paradise Wednesday
- FEMA Disaster Recovery Center Opens in Paradise
- Paradise Town Council talks about disaster recovery
- Be the Community Music Festival Planned for Paradise
- Paradise community chorus holiday performance
- Music Builds Community in Paradise