PARADISE, Calif. - During a progress report on the local economy, it was announced that the Ridge is back in business.
There are now about 200 businesses operating in the town. Grocery stores, auto part shops, chain and non-chain restaurants and more.
Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Monica Nolan said that events like Party in the Park, have helped influence people to move back to the Ridge.
"They're happy that they can get everything they need from up here on the ridge," Nolan said. "They're happy to support our local businesses some of those are coming up here, even though they don't live here yet just to support local business."
The town had its 55th annual ribbon-cutting ceremony on Thursday, welcoming back the beauty salon, A Cut Above Paradise, back to the ridge.
- The Ridge now near 200 businesses operating
- Future of businesses on the ridge
- Paradise Ridge Chamber of Commerce hosts Paradise Business Forum
- Business owner talks about coming back to the Ridge
- New business opens on the ridge after Camp Fire
- 'Rock the Ridge' rocks Chico
- Water progress on the ridge
- Home, home on the Ridge!
- Our Future After the Fire: Reopened businesses fight to bring life back to the ridge
- Ridge Quilters to host Holiday Home Tour