BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. – A man and his two sons were found above Stirling City thanks to a good Samaritan.
On Sunday, Michael Mercado and his sons were traveling in their Jeep when the boys wanted to play in the snow and that is when the three got lost.
A local man from Paradise was the one who found them after he had been searching since midnight.
Phillip Harvey says it could've happened to anyone.
"If he wasn't a good dad– I mean, I wouldn't have found them if he wasn't. You know, he lost track of his car, his kids wanted to play in the snow, but after that he did good. He followed the flume until he got to a road. He followed that road and when I found him they were just a few feet off the road there behind Pine St. They were just huddled up," Harvey said. "You know, no matter who you are, you can get lost in the woods."
Watch the full interview with Harvey and his wife, below:
- Paradise man finds missing family above Stirling City
- Cal Fire: 1-Acre Fire at Stirling City
- Magalia and Stirling City Post Offices Reopen
- Man arrested for imprisoning woman in Stirling City
- Paradise Man Offers Reward for Missing Plaque
- Update: Redding Police find missing man safe
- Police find body of missing Redding man
- Paradise Elderly Man Found
- Redding police find missing woman
- Disabled Paradise Woman Missing Since Wednesday