Photo Gallery 5 Images
PARADISE, Calif. - Paradise police arrested a man for stealing upwards of $5,000 worth of property from new home construction sites.
Between Dec. 4 and Dec. 12, Paradise Police said they received several reports of construction theft from new home building sights in Paradise.
Through investigation, officers said they obtained evidence and a description leading them to a possible suspect vehicle.
On Thursday, Dec. 19 at around 4:30 p.m., Officers spotted a suspicious vehicle near Graham Road and Roberts Road. They said this matched the description of the suspect vehicle in the burglaries.
The driver was identified as 31-year-old Christopher Larson of Paradise. He was on probation and living in an RV, officers said.
Larson was building a structure to close off one side of the RV, and officers noticed several tools and construction materials that were believed to be taken in the burglaries, according to officers.
Officers said the stolen property valued up to $5,000. It has all been returned to three different local contractors, according to authorities.
Larson was arrested for three counts of Burglary, Possession of Stolen Property and Violation of Probation. Larson was booked into Butte County Jail.
- Paradise man arrested for stealing $5,000 worth of construction property
- Two arrested sifting through burned property in Paradise
- CHP: Man arrested for storing $100,000 worth of stolen property in Redding
- Sheriff: Yuba City man arrested for stealing over $80K worth of equipment
- Paradise prowler arrest
- Man Arrested for Marijuana DUI in Paradise
- Man arrested for trespassing in Paradise
- Paradise man arrested, Faces animal cruelty charges
- Man with 5 warrants arrested in Paradise
- Paradise Police arrest man for multiple warrants