CHICO, Calif. - A Paradise man has been arrested for a hit-and-run DUI after authorities said he hit a woman at Bidwell Park.
On Monday at 2:06 p.m., Chico police responded to reports of a hit-and-run that happened near picnic site 27 in Lower Bidwell Park.
The victim was walking her dog on Peterson Memorial Drive when they were struck and knocked to the ground by a passing vehicle. The victim sustained an injury to the back of their head along with several scrapes. However, she declined to be transported to the hospital at the scene.
Officers located a vehicle that matched the description given by the woman who was hit. The vehicle was traveling the wrong way [eastbound] on Petersen Memorial Drive.
30-year-old Brian Dinsmore of Paradise was identified by the victim as the driver involved in the hit-and-run. In addition, Dinsmore was found to be under the influence at the time of the collision.
He was placed under arrest for Felony Hit and Run and DUI. Dinsmore is also currently on Post Release Community Supervision for Felony DUI. Dinsmore was transported to Butte County Jail.
- Paradise man arrested for DUI, hit-and-run arrest
- Paradise police arrest DUI suspect
- Man Arrested for Marijuana DUI in Paradise
- Man Arrested for Felony DUI and Hit and Run
- Chico Police: Man arrested in DUI hit & run
- Redding DUI Hit and Run
- Woman arrested on DUI, hit and run charges
- Chico Police Arrest Hit and Run, DUI Suspect
- DUI arrest retraction
- Man arrested on DUI charges after hitting biker in Oroville