Photo Gallery 1 Images
PARADISE, Calif. - A Town of Paradise Councilmember, Mike Zuccolillo, and the executive director of the Rebuild Paradise Foundation, Charles Brooks, have joined a trip to Washington D.C. this week to advocate for the needs of their community.
Zuccolillo and Brooks joined a delegation from other Northern California fire-affected communities to the U.S. capital.
The delegation was coordinated by the Rebuild Northday Foundation and is planned to highlight the needs of the communities impacted by the 2017 and 2018 fires.
Meeting with federal officials and lawmakers, Zuccolillo and Brooks plan to discuss their top priorities for Paradise like:
- Advocating for the highest funding of current grant requests
- Funding for infrastructure
- Reducing local match on Federal funding
- The need for tree removal funding to include trees that could impact private roads and “orphan” roads
- Sharing the voice of the rural community