Photo Gallery 2 Images
PARADISE, Calif. - Paradise Police arrested a man on Dec. 27 following a hit-and-run investigation that led them to learn he had unrelated felony warrants.
Around 8 a.m. on Friday officials say they received a call about a minor hit-and-run car accident in the area of Neal Road and Skyway. The driver was speeding and failed to negotiate the curve and hit a tree.
Witnesses saw the driver leave the scene and park the damaged truck at a nearby gas station. When officers arrived, they say another witness told them the driver immediately got picked up by another truck as it was leaving the gas station.
Officials say an officer found the suspect traveling westbound on Skyway and conducted a traffic stop for vehicle code violations.
The suspect, identified as Martin Pascual Jr., was determined to have multiple felony warrants and was on probation for a drug sales related conviction.
Pascual was booked into the Butte County Jail for the warrants.
During the hit-and-run investigation, officials say no injured happened and the only property damage was to Pascual's truck.
"The Paradise Police Department would like to encourage all drivers this holiday season to drive safely and with due regard for traffic and roadway conditions," said the department.
- Paradise hit-and-run suspect arrested for unrelated felony warrants
- Man with 5 warrants arrested in Paradise
- Paradise Police arrest man for multiple warrants
- Man Arrested for Felony DUI and Hit and Run
- Paradise man arrested for DUI, hit-and-run arrest
- Redding police arrest hit and run suspect
- Paradise police arrest DUI suspect
- Paradise Police arrest stabbing suspect
- Man barricades himself in Oroville home, Deputies make arrest for felony warrant
- Chico Police Arrest Hit and Run, DUI Suspect